SSSA Indoor Freestyle Champs 2018
The annual SSSA Primary and Secondary School Freestyle Championships will take place on Wednesday 26th Sept in Snow Factor Glasgow:
|Primary and Secondary schools||Wed 26th Sept|
Slope User Notification:
Please be aware that there will be restricted access on the slope from 9am – 4pm each day.
All primary and secondary school skiers/boarders interested in trying a freestyle competition are encouraged to participate. As a minimum, however, entrants MUST BE COMPETENT at skiing/boarding at speed on mixed terrain, linking turns and using a poma tow.
PARK PLANS: TBC
Bar Varia will be serving hot drinks and food from 9am. Snow Factor do not allow packed lunches on their premises.
(Please note this can sometimes be subject to delays)
- 9.00-9.45am – Registration, Payment and Bib Collection
- 10.00am – Riders briefing in lower changing hall
- 10.15-11.00 – Practice session 1 in park with coaches
- 11.00-11.45 – Practice session 2 in park with coaches
- 12.15pm – First Judged runs start – IN BIB ORDER – BOARDERS FIRST then SKIERS
- 1.45pm approx – Second Judged runs start – IN BIB ORDER – BOARDERS FIRST THEN SKIERS
- 4.00 approx – Prize Giving
All Scottish Schools Snowsports events are run jointly by the Scottish Schools Snowsports Association and the National Governing Body, Snowsport Scotland. Every event follows strict procedures and risk assessment protocols to ensure the safety, well being and protection, of all competitors, and should anyone have any questions regarding this matter they should contact Snowsport Scotland on 0131 625 4405.